UNITY of Greater New Orleans, which leads community campaigns to end homelessness, is hiring:
1) Fiscal Grants Manager who will review and process sub recpient reimbursement requests, monitor fiscal compliance, manage project budgets, and provide technical assistance to improve fiscal controls of partner agencies. Must have excellent math and communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to learn grant management software systems. Preferred candidates will have experience in cost or fund accounting, government grants, and non-profit accounting. Email resume and cover letter explaining interest by October 23 to email@example.com.
2) Contract Manager to work with partner agencies to help coordinate the work of partner agencies, develop system improvements, improve outcomes, and ensure compliance with HUD and other funding sources. Required: Demonstrated commitment to social justice, excellent communication skills, ability to use Excel. Experience serving homeless, low-income, or special needs populations preferred. Email resume and cover letter explaining interest by October 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Housing Specialist to assist homeless people with mental & physical disabilities to remain stable in housing. Work w/clients to calculate rents, complete annual re-certifications, & housing inspections. Required: Demonstrated commitment to social justice, experience providing housing services to low-income people or people w/disabilities, excellent detail in paperwork, basic math skills.
4) SSI Specialist to assist homeless people with mental and physical disabilities to qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Work w/clients to obtain documentation of disabling conditions & drive clients to appts. Required: Demonstrated commitment to social justice, experience working with people with mental or physical disabilities, excellent writing & analytical skills. Apply by sending resume, with cover letter explaining which job you are applying for, interest & qualifications, to email@example.com.
5) Development/Communications Coordinator: Assisting with fundraising, grant-writing, website updates, social media, blogging, newsletter-writing & production. Required: Well-organized, motivated individual with excellent skills in writing & layout design; attention to detail. APPLY by sending resume, with cover letter explaining qualifications for position & commitment to social justice, to Frances Misenheimer at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see www.unitygno.org.
If you are looking for other ways to get involved with our work, please contact us at (504)483-9300 for volunteer opportunities.